Leaving Cert Applied Maths Exam Guide

Assessment will be in two parts. A project based on a common exam brief will account for 20% of the total marks available and a final written exam in June that will account for the other available 80%.

Applied Mathematics Mathematical Modelling Brief 2023
Applied Maths Reporting Booklet 2023

Exam Structure

Level Higher
Time 2½ hours (150 minutes)
Marks 400 Marks
Structure Answer 8 out of 8 questions normally but for June 2023 answer 8 out of 10.
Each Question carries 50 marks
Timing Allow an average of 25 minutes per question
NB. This time includes proofing and checking over your answers

LC Applied Mathematics Higher Level Sample Paper
LC Applied Mathematics Ordinary Level Sample Paper