In school you are expected to learn a lot of stuff in half-a-dozen or more subjects. In life in general, an awful lot more.
But how much have you learnt about “how to learn”?
How good are your “study skills”?
Could you achieve greater success in your studies and life with less stress and effort by using a more effective and efficient approach to learning?
Galway Maths Grinds provide “Study Skills” courses which can be tailored to your requirements. We are available to come into schools or to deal with you on a one-to-one basis.
Or if you prefer to work through it at your own pace you will find the online version at https://gmg.teachable.com/p/study-skills
Topics you can chose from include:
- Introduction to good study skills
- Profile of the Mythical Perfect Student
- Study Habits of Successful Students
- Preparing to Study: A Good Study Place
- Improving Concentration
- Activating Your Eight Multiple Intelligences
- Goal Setting
- Note Taking: different kinds of notes – linear, mind maps, key words
- Reading Skills:
- Listening Skills
- Good Listening in Class
- Using Abbreviations To Write Notes Quickly
- Time Management
- Dealing with Distractions
- Critical Success Factors for Peak Performance
- Memory Aids
- Using Acronymic Sentences to Remember Information
- Using Rhymes to Remember Information
- Memory and Revision
- Essay Writing
- Exam Techniques and Tips
- It’s getting close to Exam Time
- Revision and Exam Preparation
- Getting It Right On The Day
- Study Groups
- Stress Management
- Your Action Plan
- Plan B
- For Parents helping their children with homework
- Using Technology to aid your study
- Making the most of your scientific calculator
For bookings or to discuss your requirements or for further information call Noel on 085-1393768.
We particularly welcome enquiries from second-level schools wishing to build transition year projects around the different aspects of effective and efficient study skills.
Click image below for details of course bundling GMG’s different publications into a single cost efficient package.
Click image below for Leaving Cert Physics Resource Pack